Version 8.1 Release Date: February 20, 2017
NOTE: This distro comes on a DVD. Please ensure that your system will read from a DVD before ordering.
Black Lab Linux 8.1 is the latest release of our stable 8.x series of OS's.
There are a lot of changes to Black Lab Linux 8 some of which include..
- Web 3.18 (Rekonq for KDE users)
- Geary 0.11.2
- LibreOffice 5.2
- Gimp 2.8.16
- Google Drive Integration (GNOME 3.18 Only)
- Ice SSB 5.2.1
- Video Player
- Music Player
- Full UEFI support
- exFAT support
- Systemd support
- Upstart Support (GNOME 3.18 Only)
- GNOME Software Center (GNOME 3.18)
- Plasma Software Discover center (KDE Plasma 5)
- Automount disabled by default
- Industrial strength firewall
- Gnome Disk Utiliy - offering the highest possible level of security on re-purposed / decommissioned drives.
- 512MB RAM (1GB recommended).
- 8GB of disk space required (15GB recommended).
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution.
- DVD drive or USB port.
- Keyboard and mouse
- Touch screen input
Black Lab Linux 64 bit can boot on either UEFI or BIOS devices (we recommend turning off secure-boot if not necessary)
Black Lab Linux 32 bit can boot only on BIOS devices
Some NVIDIA GeForce cards don't work well with the open-source driver provided by the Black Lab Linux kernel. If Black Lab Linux freezes during boot, use the "nomodeset" boot option in grub.
Some Virtual Machine setups will not allow boot into Live mode, if this occurs boot into the direct installer from the boot menu.
What does this system include? It has a brand new interface designed to work with conventional keyboard and mouse input, as well as make it as comfortable as possible for users with touch screen input. It also includes a whole host of applications that are geared towards the home user.
Chromium Web Browser
Thunderbird Mail Client
Audacious MP3 Player
OpenShot Video Editor
And many more that can be downloaded from the Black Lab Linux Software Center.
Black Lab Linux 64 bit can be installed on all Commodore USA hardware which includes:
Commodore USA C64 (The original 8 bit Commodore 64 is not supported)
Commodore USA C64x
Commodore USA Amiga Mini
There is no upgrade method from Commodore OS, Black Lab Linux, a clean install is required.
|Country of Manufacture|
|Disk Type||Live Disk|