Version 2.4.7-8 Release Date:May 31, 2016
NOTE: This distro comes on a CD. Please ensure that your system will read from a CD before ordering.
What is Clonezilla?
Clonezilla is a partition and disk imaging/cloning program similar to True Image® or Norton Ghost®. It helps you to do system deployment, bare metal backup and recovery. Two types of Clonezilla are available, Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (server edition). Clonezilla live is suitable for single machine backup and restore. While Clonezilla SE is for massive deployment, it can clone many (40 plus!) computers simultaneously. Clonezilla saves and restores only used blocks in the harddisk. This increases the clone efficiency. With some high-end hardware in a 42-node cluster, a multicast restoring at rate 8 GB/min was reported.
Whats new in 2.4.7-8
* This release of Clonezilla live (2.4.7-8) includes major enhancements and bug fixes. *
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is
based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2016/Jun/27).
* Linux kernel was updated to 4.6.2-2.
* Partclone was updated to 0.2.89. A btrfs issue has been fixed.
* Cloudfuse was updated to 0.9+redbogit871a98f-drbl2, i.e. the version from
redbo with patches from Am1GO. Thanks to maple52046 (maple52046 at
* Partclone-utils was updated to 0.4.1.
* When option "-k1" or "-k2" in the TUI is chosen, "-icds" is on
* Add "-batch" in the TUI for expert saving mode.
* Provide an option to mount image repository again when failing in ocs-
live-repository. "ask_user" is a reserved name to be used as the Samba
domain and account and SSHFS account in the URI so that user can input
their own names. Thanks to Aaron Burling (aaron_burling at lkstevens
wednet edu) for these ideas.
* If failing to mount sshfs and samba server as image repository,
clonezilla now asks if retrying.
* Use shorter name for fsck-related options, i.e. "-fsck-src-part" is
replaced by "-fsck", and "-fsck-src-part-y" is replaced by "-fsck-y".
* Reuse the parsed partition info when detecting the data/swap/extended
partitions. Thanks to starnavi for this suggestion. Ref: https://
* Add support for device /dev/nbd. Thanks to Mircea Dan for this
suggestion. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Help/
* Boot parameter ocs_preload now supports mount command for nfs/cifs to
preload files. E.g. ocs_preload="mount -t cifs //192.168.120.2/images/ /
tmp/cifs -o user=administrator,password=yourpasswd" will preload files on
cifs server to /opt/ in Clonezilla live environment.
* Add a mechanism so that image repository can be auto mounted with boot
parameter ocs_repository in URI format, e.g. ocs_repository="dev:///dev/
sdf1" or ocs_repository="smb://wa-domain;jack:email@example.com/
images". Thanks to Aaron Burling (aaron_burling at lkstevens wednet
edu) for this idea.
* Live-boot was updated so that its toram parameter can be assigned as
multiple modules (e.g. "live,syslinux")
* Add supporting for grub on EBR (Extended Boot Record) imaging and
cloning. Thanks to Bill Wright (bill at blug org) for reporting this
* Failed to mount OpenStack swift image repository. Thanks to maple52046
(maple52046 at gmail com) for reporting this issue.
* Failed to restore the boot loader on EBR (Extended Boot Record). Thanks
to Bill Wright (bill at blug org) for reporting this issue.
* MBR (executable code area) data should be restored even it's GPT disk.
Some OS, e.g. ESXi 5.5 need that. Ref: https://sourceforge.net/p/
Minimum System Requirements for Clonezilla live:
- X86 or x86-64 processor
- 196 MB of system memory (RAM)
- Boot device, e.g. CD/DVD Drive, USB port, PXE, or hard drive
- The destination partition must be equal or larger than the source one.
- Differential/incremental backup is not implemented yet.
- Online imaging/cloning is not implemented yet. The partition to be imaged or cloned has to be unmounted.
- Due to the image format limitation, the image can not be explored or mounted. You can _NOT_ recovery single file from the image. However, you still have workaround to make it, read this.
- Recovery Clonezilla live with multiple CDs or DVDs is not implemented yet. Now all the files have to be in one CD or DVD if you choose to create the recovery iso file.
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Disk Type||Live Disk|